For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Transparency grading process|
Last rated on March 29, 2012
- Contact information is available for elected and administrative officials.
- Meeting minutes and agendas are posted.
- Public records information and request form provided.
- Building permits and zoning information available.
- Budgets and audits are posted.
- No information regarding contracts, lobbying, or local taxes.
Public meetings controversy
Local lawyer Tim Schoenrock sought a court order to keep the Yakima City Council from implementing a controversial new budget policy. Judge Gayle Harthcock issued a temporary court order to block the policies implementation until a hearing on May 15, 2009. Schoenrock is accusing City Council members Rick Ensey, Micah Cawley, Kathy Coffey and Bill Lover of violating the Open Meetings Act in order to push through a budget policy vote. Their actions "were engineered by Ensey largely without discussion and so infuriated Councilman Neil McClure that he quit the council on the spot."
Ensey claims: "I know what the Open Public Meeting Act is. We all do," he said, adding, "We went the extra mile to make sure we didn't break any laws."