Yakima County, Washington
Last rated on Jan. 23, 2012
- Local tax information is provided.
- Annual financial audits available.
- Commissioners listed with contact information. Meeting agenda and minutes available.
- Public records request form provided.
- Budget is published.
- Current bids posted, contracts not available.
- Building permits and zoning information provided.
- Administrative officials listed under respective departments.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
The Washington Supreme Court recently ruled against the county, saying that they have to release records about the billing of two murder defendants. The case that the Yakima Herald-Republic was suing for concerned a 2005 criminal trial involving Jose Luis Sanchez Jr. and Mario Gil Mendez. The two men were convicted for the murder of a 21-year-old man and his 3-year-old daughter during a home invasion robbery in Yakima.