Yale Public Schools, Michigan
- Total students in grades K-12 in 2006-2007 was 2,490; total number of staff was 124.
- The district includes five schools: Avoca Elementary, Farrell Elementary, Yale Elementary, Yale Junior High, and Yale High School.
- Expenditures in the 2007-2008 school year were projected at $23,128,200.00
YPS website lacks most key information
The website of the Yale Public School District provides extremely minimal transparency and accountability information. In the documents it does post online, it includes the 2007-2008 budget.
The YPS website does not include:
- An online checkbook register for the district;
- Names of school board members, or information on how they get elected. No mechanism is provided to contact school board members.
- School board agendas or minutes.
- Any information about how to file public records requests with the district.
- Information about past year budgets that would enable district residents to assess budget trends.
- Information about student performance, now or in the past.
- Information about administrative or teacher salaries.
- Information about the district's major vendors.
- Information about union contracts.
Superintendent and administration
The YPS website reports that the superintendent is Frank Johnson and lists his email address as email@example.com. A phone number is not provided.
School bond elections
The YPS school board put two school bond measures on the November 2007 ballot; both were defeated. Another bond election in May 2008 was unsuccessful. The school board then put an August 2008 bond election on the ballot, this time asking voters for $11.8 million.
- As of June 14, 2008, there is no information on the YPS website about the August 2008 bond election.