For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Yavapai County, Arizona
As of 2010, its population was estimated to be 211,033.
Yavapai County was the one of four original Arizona Counties created by the 1st Arizona Territorial Legislature. The county territory was defined as being east of latitude 113° 20' and north of the Gila River. Soon thereafter, the counties of Apache, Coconino, Maricopa, and Navajo were carved from the original Yavapai County. Yavapai County's present boundaries were established in 1891.
The county is named after the Yavapai people, who were the principal inhabitants at the time that this area was annexed by the United States.
The website was last rated on January 4, 2012.
- Budget is available.
- Board of supervisors are listed with contact information.
- Board meeting schedule is posted, with meeting minutes and agendas available.
- Property taxes are available in a searchable database, and tax rates are posted
- Building permits and zoning information is available.
- Forms to make public records requests are provided.
- Financial reports and audits are available.
- RFPs and bid solicitations are posted, but county contracts are not available.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
Yavapai County is governed by a three-member Board of Supervisors. The Board is responsible for appointing the directors of the 18 County departments along with budget and administration duties. Arizona lawmakers are discussing taking some budget control away from Supervisors and providing other elected officials with more control over their own expenditures.
|Fund||FY 2011-2012||FY 2010-2011||% Change|
|General Fund||$ 85,772,031||$ 80,506,227||6.5 %|
|Special Rev Funds||$ 101,513,267||$ 100,417,347||1.1 %|
|Special Dists||$ 30,552,896||$ 33,722,282||-9.4 %|
|Debt Service||$ 7,148,839||$ 3,370,127||112.1 %|
|ALTCS Enterprise (Medicaid)||$ 10,705,951||$ 45,815,798||-76.6 %|
|Total||$ 235,692,984||$ 263,831,781||-11 %|
- Yavapai County, "Budget," accessed July 10, 2013
- Yavapai County, "Board of Supervisors," accessed July 10, 2013
- Yavapai County, "Board Schedule," accessed July 10, 2013
- [Yavapai County, "Agendas and Minutes," accessed July 10, 2013
- Yavapai County, "Tax Search," accessed July 10, 2013
- Yavapai County, "Tax Rates," accessed July 10, 2013
- Yavapai County, "Development Services," accessed July 10, 2013
- Yavapai County, "Public Records Request," accessed July 10, 2013
- Yavapai County, "Financial Reports," accessed July 10, 2013
- Yavapai County, "Bids, RFPs, and RFQs," accessed July 10, 2013
- The Arizona Republic, "Arizona lawmakers aim to take some budget control away from supervisors," March 6, 2011