Yorba Linda Ethics Ordinance, Measure Y (November 2010)
Administration of Government
|Not on ballot|
- Prohibited City officials from soliciting or accepting campaign contributions from City contractors;
- Prohibited Council Member or Council Member controlled committee from soliciting or accepting campaign contributions or loans of $250 or more within 12 months after decision involving the campaign contributor;
- Disqualified Council Member from participating in decisions that directly benefit campaign contributors who donated $250 or more to Council Member or Council Member controlled committee within past 12 months;
- Prohibited candidates from soliciting endorsements from City employees, commissioners, contractors or labor association;
- Required adoption of a code of conduct for elected and appointed officials;
- Required adoption of “whistleblower” procedures;
- Required AB1234 training for all City staff and elected and appointed officials;
- Prohibited closed door ad hoc committee meetings;
- Required tape recording of all City Council closed session meetings;
- Prohibited City officials and staff from engaging in campaign-related activities using City resources;
- Contained enforcement provisions.
- These final, certified results are from the Orange County elections office.