|Alabama House of Representatives District 97|
|1982-December 8, 2012 (Death)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Alabama State University|
|Master's||Morgan State University|
|Ph.D.||University of Alabama|
|Birthday||January 8, 1945|
|Profession||President, S.D. Bishop State Junior College|
|Religion||Christian Methodist Episcopal|
Kennedy was the President of S.D. Bishop State Junior College.
She was a member of the American Association for Higher Education Board, America's Junior Miss Scholarship Foundation Incorporated, and Christian Methodist Episcopal Church. Kennedy was also Youth Director of the Board of Christian Education, Southeast Alabama Conference, National President of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Incorporated, Trustee of Miles College, and Chair of the Mobile County United Negro College Fund Campaign.
Kennedy served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Children and Senior Advocacy Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Ranking Minority Member
- Economic Development and Tourism Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Ranking Minority Member
- Subcommittee on Regulations (Economic Development and Tourism)
- Mobile County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Transportation, Utilities and Infrastructure Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Kennedy won re-election to the 97th District Seat in 2010. She had no opposition.
Kennedy raised $47,991 for her campaign.
In 2010, Kennedy raised $31,750 in contributions.
Her four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$10,000|
|Alabama State Employees Association||$4,500|
|Trust Representing Involved Alabama Lawyers||$2,500|
In 2006, Kennedy collected $47,991 in donations.
Below are Kennedy's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|Seth Hammett Campaign||$5,000|
|AL Trial Lawyers Assoc||$3,000|
|Milton E & Pat McGregor||$3,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Yvonne + Kennedy + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama Legislature - Yvonne Kennedy
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- AL.com, "Tribute recognizes late state Rep. Yvonne Kennedy, an education 'shero' (video, photos)," December 14, 2012
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Kennedy
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- 2006 election results, Alabama
- Alabama House spending, 2006
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
|Alabama House District 97
| Succeeded by|
Adline C. Clarke (D)
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|