Yvonne Terrell Girard
|Yvonne Terrell Girard|
|U.S. House, California, District 41|
was a 2014 Republican
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
to represent the 41st Congressional District
Girard holds a bachelor's degree in Political Science and completed graduate coursework in General Administration. She served in the military in Greece and attended the US Air Force Academy.
Girard's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Veterans: "I support my fellow Veterans, and believe the harsh treatment we have received from Washington D.C. is demeaning and demoralizing. I will not support any legislation or action that is harmful to Veterans and their families."
- National Security: "A strong and well equipped military is the foundation to a secure and well protected nation. I support fully funding our military infrastructure, and equipping our troops with all the tools necessary to combat enemies of our nation."
- The Economy: "In order for a robust and thriving economy to survive, jobs must be created. In order for jobs to be created, business must be allowed to thrive free of regulation, government overreach, and reduced national debt."
- Healthcare/Affordable Care Act/Obamacare: "The government must remain out of the business of healthcare, leaving it up to private business and individuals."
- Energy: "All sources of energy need to be put on the table as to allow our country, for national security reasons, to become energy independent of all other outside entities."
—Yvonne Girard's campaign website, http://www.yvonnegirardforcongress.com/issues
- See also: California's 41st Congressional District elections, 2014
Girard ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 41st District. Girard was defeated in the blanket primary on June 3, 2014.
|U.S. House, California District 41 Primary, 2014
Mark Takano Incumbent
|| Veronica Franco
|| Yvonne Girard
|Source: California Secretary of State
Candidates for Congress are required to file reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2014 elections season. Below are Girard's reports.
|Yvonne Terrell Girard (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$0||$7,186||$(7,162)||$23|
|Pre-Primary||May 28, 2014||$23||$799||$(819)||$-20|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Yvonne + Girard + California + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Yvonne Girard News Feed
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 28, 2014
- ↑ Campaign website, "About Yvonne," accessed April 25, 2014
- ↑ Campaign website, "Issues," accessed April 25, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- ↑ The New York Times, "California Primary Results," June 3, 2014
- ↑ Federal Election Commission, "Yvonne Terrell Girard April Quarterly," accessed May 6, 2014
- ↑ Federal Election Commission, "Yvonne Terrell Girard Pre-Primary," accessed June 3, 2014