|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 14B|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Dorholt served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government Operations|
|• Higher Education Finance and Policy, Vice-chair|
|• Transportation Policy|
Dorholt's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I will fully support our institutions of higher education, one of the best investments Minnesota has ever made"
- Excerpt: "Investing in education is the financially smart choice. We invest now or we pay more in the future. It is time to stop borrowing from our children’s future with cheap budget gimmicks that wreak havoc on our school districts and leave them at the mercy of levies."
- Excerpt: "An affordable education needs to be accessible to every student who chooses to pursue higher learning. Rising college tuition forces students to choose: food and rent, or books and tuition."
Jobs, Community Development, Economy
- Excerpt: "Making Minnesota work will take a team effort. Small businesses in our communities often struggle with regulations, and have difficulty providing quality health insurance to their employees."
- Excerpt: "I will work toward a budget that develops our long-term needs and does not take out a loan on our children’s future."
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014.
Dorholt won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 14B. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated incumbent King Banaian (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 14B, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||King Banaian Incumbent||43.6%||7,749|
Comprehensive donor information for Dorholt is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Dorholt raised a total of $34,111 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 10, 2013.
|Zach Dorholt's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota State House, District 14B||$28,830|
|2010||Minnesota State House, District 15B||$5,281|
|Grand Total Raised||$34,111|
2012Dorholt won election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Dorholt raised a total of $28,830.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Zach Dorholt's campaign in 2012|
|14th Senate District Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party||$3,250|
|Matt Christensen House Dist. 35A Committee||$750|
|Minn. Police & Peace Officers Assoc. Leg. Fund||$500|
|Electrical Workers Local 292||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$28,830|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Dorholt lost the election for the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Dorholt raised a total of $5,281.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Zach Dorholt's campaign in 2010|
|14th Senate District Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party||$700|
|Larry W. Haws House Dist. 15B Committee||$500|
|Central Minnesota AFL-CIO Trades & Labor Assembly||$500|
|Welter, Patricia A.||$250|
|Total Raised in 2010||$5,281|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Zach + Dorholt + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- "zacharydorholt," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Dorholt, Zachart (Zach)." Retrieved July 10, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
Larry Hosch (DFL)
|Minnesota State House District 14B
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |