Zachary Alexander Rockford Hearn
|Zachary Rockford Hearn|
|Former candidate for|
|Pennsylvania State Senate, District 28|
Hearn's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Business & Job Growth
- Excerpt: "As your state senator, Zack will heavily advocate for the reduction of the CNI to make Pennsylvania an attractive location to relocate or expand business."
Education & Property Taxes
- Excerpt: "As state senator, Zack would approve tax structures that would support local control of school districts while limiting the overall impact upon the most vulnerable of the district’s residents. He would provide consideration to results derived from a study regarding county consolidations, however, he supports the belief of local control. By implementing a lower CNI and pro-business tax policies, Zack believes some relief to property tax concerns could occur through the introduction of new business in a school district causing a reduction of school tax burden on the individual property owner."
- Excerpt: "As state senator, Zack would encourage passage of legislation to eliminate the current retirement structure for future employees and replace it with a 401 (k) style of retirement system."
- Excerpt: "With four years of employment as an advocate for veterans’ benefits at the national level, Zack has a firm understanding of concerns that face the millions of veterans nationwide. As state senator, he will continue to support the efforts of the veteran community and their dependents."
- Excerpt: "I am a member of the National Rifle Association (NRA). It is evident within both the United States and Pennsylvania Constitutions that this is a right for its citizens. Additionally, I do not believe that there should be a strengthening of gun laws; instead, I feel that the government should enforce the thousands of laws that already exist."
Elections for the office of Pennsylvania State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in that election was March 11, 2014. Linda E. Small was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Scott Wagner defeated Zachary Alexander Rockford Hearn in the Republican primary. Ron Miller (R) withdrew from the race on March 26, 2014. Wagner defeated Small in the general election.
|Pennsylvania State Senate, District 28 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Scott Wagner Incumbent||64.7%||46,247|
|Pennsylvania State Senate, District 28 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Scott Wagner Incumbent||84.9%||13,214|
|Zachary Alexander Rockford Hearn||15.1%||2,349|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Zachary + Rockford + Hearn + Pennsylvania + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania State Senate
- Pennsylvania State Legislature
- Pennsylvania State Senate elections, 2014
- Pennsylvania State Senate District 28
- hearn4pasenate.com, "Issues Important to You," accessed April 29, 2014 (dead link)
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official primary results for May 20, 2014," accessed July 9, 2014
- Pennsylvania Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Withdrawals," accessed April 29, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 Official Candidate Listing," accessed March 19, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 General Election," accessed December 5, 2014