Zachary T. Sellers
|Zachary T. Sellers|
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 68|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Dover High School (2008)|
|Bachelor's||Arkansas Tech Unversity (2012)|
Sellers earned his B.A. in History and Political Science from Arkansas Tech Unversity in 2012. His professional experience includes working as an intern for U.S. Sen. John Boozman and as a Research Assistant at Arkansas Tech University.
Sellers' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Purpose of Government
- Excerpt: "I am a firm believer as every individual, family and business must be responsible for their own personal wealth and money, government must be even more so. It is the founding principle of free people that a citizen who is responsible for himself, for his actions, property, debts, and dreams has the right to ask the responsibility to govern others."
- Excerpt: "I will examine policy to make sure the Government of Arkansas is providing the proper environment for local businesses to establish themselves and grow. Every jobs bill presented to me, I will rationally and responsibly examine."
- Excerpt: "I understand fully the government can throw all the money it can at these problem and not solve them should the students remain unmotivated. For this reason I support the recent legislation passed by the Arkansas legislature to allow parents to move their children to schools they believe can better teach their children."
- Excerpt: "Taxes should only be levied on the things the paying public can afford and government should limit themselves to taxing only those things. The government's money is the people's money and to mishandle it is not only a black mark against the credibility of those who serve the people but a breach of their trust."
Upholding the Right to Bear Arms
- Excerpt: "As it is the right and responsibility of individual citizens to freely pursue their own goals in their lives, they also have the right to defend themselves, their families, and their property. "
Elections for the office of Arkansas House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014; a runoff election will take place where necessary on June 10, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 3, 2014. Tachany Evans was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Trevor Drown defeated Zachary T. Sellers and Ingram Philips in the Republican primary. Evans will face Drown in the general election.
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 68 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Zachary T. Sellers||9.6%||352|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Zachary + Sellers + Arkansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arkansas State Senate elections, 2014
- Arkansas State Legislature
- Arkansas House of Representatives
- Arkansas House of Representatives District 68
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|