|Alabama House of Representatives District 67|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Salaam is a member of the Alabama Bar Association, Alabama Trial Lawyers, Alabama Democratic Committee, Coalition for Good Government, and Dallas County Bar.
Salaam was defeated in the Democratic primary on June 1, 2010.
Salaam did not provide answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Government Appropriations Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Judiciary Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Criminal Justice
- Subcommittee on Taxes and Exemptions
Salaam raised $88,843 for his campaign, while Taylor raised $5,378 and Albright raised $0.
|Alabama State House, District 67 (2006)|
|Yusuf Salaam (D)||7,933|
|Adney Taylor (Ind)||2,036|
|Cliff E. Albright (Freedom)||2,134|
In 2006, Salaam collected $88,843 in donations.
Below are Salaam's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Education Assoc||$25,000|
|AL Farmers Federation||$11,750|
|Business Council of AL||$9,500|
|Environmental Campaign Fund||$5,000|
|Fight Back for Justice Fund||$5,000|
- Yusuf Salaam's campaign website
- Alabama Legislature - Yusuf Salaam
- Project Vote Smart - Yusuf Salaam
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006
|Alabama House District 67
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|