|Connecticut State Senate District 6|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
DeFronzo was a member of the Democratic State Central Committee from 1984 to 1986. He then served as Mayor of the City of New Britain from 1989 to 1993. He was also a member of the Democratic Township Committee from 1978 to 2003.
DeFronzo earned his BA from Fairfield University in 1970. He went on to receive his MA in Public Administration from the University of Connecticut in 1976.
DeFronzo has been a Claims Adjuster for the State Department of Labor. He has also worked in the Office of Policy and Management for the State of Connecticut and as a Respiratory Therapist at Harford Hospital. He was a Senior Planning Analyst for the State of Connecticut from 1977 to 1989. From 1995 to 2002 he was CEO/Executive Director for the Human Resources Agency of New Britain. He has been a Plan Analyst for the Connecticut Association for Community Action since 2004. He is also currently Adjunct Faculty at Goodwin College.
DeFronzo and his wife, Diane, have two children.
Prior to leaving the senate, DeFronzo served on the following committees:
- Environment Committee, Connecticut Senate
- Finance Committee, Connecticut Senate
- Program Review and Investigations Committee, Connecticut Senate
- Transportation Committee, Connecticut Senate
- See also: Connecticut State Senate elections, 2010
DeFronzo ran for re-election to the 6th District Seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition. He defeated Henry Zembko (R) in the November 2 general election.
|Connecticut State Senate, District 6 General Election (2010)|
|Donald DeFronzo (D)||15,556|
|Henry Zembko (R)||7,307|
|Connecticut State Senate, District 6 (2008)|
|Donald DeFronzo (D)||20,232|
|Thomas Bozek (R)||9,941|
In 2008, DeFronzo collected $98,607 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Carlo Carlozzi, Jr.||$100|
- Donald DeFronzo's official campaign website
- Official Connecticut State Senate website of Senator Donald DeFronzo
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008 2006 2004 2002
|Connecticut State Senate - District 6
| Succeeded by|