For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
1,128 state employees in Connecticut earn more than Gov. Dan Malloy
Malloy, a Democrat, won the top state executive position in Connecticut on November 2, 2010.
According to opinion columnist Colin McEnroe:
- "To you, $150,000 may seem like a fine salary, but there were actually 1,128 state employees who made more than that last year, according to figures extracted by ctsunlight.org, a website run by conservatives, which is what you will turn into if you look at the figures."
State employees who earn more than the governor include:
- Douglas Whiting. Whiting makes $162,850,50/year working for the Connecticut State Legislature as the head of public relations for the State Speaker of the House, a post held by Democrat Christopher Donovan.
- 50 nurses who earn more than $150,000, including four state supervising nurses who make more than $250,000.
- 25 state police sergeants who make more than the governor, including five who make more than $200,000.
- Thirty-five of the top 50 state salaries are earned by personnel at the University of Connecticut Health Center. All 35 make more than $345,000 each year; one of them earns $800,000 annually.
- Three coaches, including Jim Calhoun at $2.362 million and Geno Auriemma at $1.643 million.