For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
2013 elections review: No incumbents defeated in New Jersey
By Ballotpedia's State legislative teams
New Jersey's election season continued with primaries yesterday. The quiet day of voting was marked by the fact that all competing incumbents won their primaries.
|Contested Primaries in New Jersey -- June 4, 2013|
| State Legislature |
|Total Democratic Contested Primaries||9 (11.3%)|
|Total Republican Contested Primaries||11 (13.8%)|
There were only three hotly contested races, all in the Senate, but none resulted in the ousting of an incumbent:
- District 13: Incumbent Joe Kyrillos, Jr. defeated challenger Leigh-Ann Bellew.
- District 20: Incumbent Raymond Lesniak defeated challenger Donna Obe.
- District 34: Incumbent Nia H. Gill defeated challengers Mark C. Alexander and Vernon Pullins, Jr..
Six incumbents did not seek re-election, one from the Senate and five from the General Assembly:
- District 18: Barbara Buono
- District 8: Scott Rudder
- District 18: Peter Barnes, III
- District 33: Ruben Ramos, Jr.
- District 33: Sean Connors
- District 39: Robert Schroeder
- NJ.com, "Polls close in 2013 N.J. primary elections as votes are tallied," June 4, 2013
- State of New Jersey Department of State, "Official Candidates for Primary Election: Department of State, 2013," accessed June 5, 2013
- State of New Jersey Department of State, "Official Candidates for Primary Election: General Assembly, 2013," accessed June 5, 2013