A. Louis Saindon
|A. Louis Saindon|
Delaware State Senate, District 8
Louis Saindon is a native Delawarean who attended St. Marks High School and started on the 1990 and 1991 state championship and nationally-ranked soccer teams. He is a veteran of the United States Navy and served at the North Atlantic Treaty Organization's (NATO) Headquarters in Norfolk, Virginia and at Fighter Squadron TWO ONE THREE in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Louis completed his undergraduate degree at Wilmington University where he was the recipient of the General Studies Award and graduated Magna Cum Laude. Following his undergraduate achievements he earned his Master's degree in Organizational Leadership. He is a 2010 Leadership Delaware Fellow, serves on the board of the Delaware Youth Leadership Academy (DYLA), and created a scholarship in 2009 which is awarded annually to a senior who excels in leadership, community service and character.
Currently, Louis is the marketing manager for a health and safety consulting firm which provides its clients with solutions to their occupational medical and environmental health and safety concerns. He and his wife live in Birch Pointe.
- See also: Delaware State Senate elections, 2010
| Delaware State Senate, District 8 |
2010 General election results
|David Sokola (D)||8,572||60.6%|
|A. Louis Saindon (R)||5,583||39.4%|
On his campaign website, Saindon lists four issues he is concerned about. They are:
- Creating Jobs
- Excerpt: "I understand our economy works best when people are working. My first priority will be job creation."
- Cutting Taxes
- Excerpt: "You know how to spend your money better than bureaucrats. We need to keep taxes low and stimulate the economy."
- Eliminating Government Waste
- Excerpt: "When times get tough, we have to tighten our belts and control our spending. It is time for Dover to do the same."
- Improving Our Schools
- Excerpt: " As your State Senator, I will fight to put more money into the classroom, allow teachers to teach, lower the teacher to student ratio, and increased parental involvement."
- Delaware 2010 general election candidates
- Louis Saindon campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Louis Saindon on Twitter