|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Third Suffolk|
|2009 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||June 2009|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Michlewitz served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Public Service Joint, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Michlewitz served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Personnel and Administration|
|• Transportation Joint, Vice-chair|
|• Ways and Means|
|• Ways and Means Joint|
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on September 9, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Aaron Michlewitz was unopposed in the Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election.
Michlewitz won re-election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Third Suffolk District. Michlewitz was unopposed in the September 6 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives General Election, Third Suffolk District (2010)|
|Aaron Michlewitz (D)||9,239|
|Massachusetts State House of Representatives, Third Suffolk (2009)|
|David Trumbull (R)||120|
|John A. Keith (I)||407|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Massachusetts Fiscal Alliance: 2013-2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating economically conservative policy.
- Massachusetts League of Environmental Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
- Associated Industries of Massachusetts: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization of employers.
- Mass Audubon: 2011-2012 Report Card
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
- Massachusetts Public Interest Research Group 2011-2012 Public Interest Research Group
- Legislators are scored on votes on issues including health care costs, consumer protection, recycling, transportation and democracy.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Michlewitz received $80,687 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Aaron Michlewitz's campaign in 2010|
|State Police Association Of Massachusetts||$1,000|
|Dello Russo, Robert J||$1,000|
|Harding, Paula B||$1,000|
|Holian Jr, Paul G||$800|
|Total Raised in 2010||$80,687|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Aaron + Michlewitz + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Massachusetts state legislative districts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Office website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Aaron Michlewitz on Facebook
- Aaron Michlewitz on Twitter
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2014 State Primary Candidates," accessed September 9, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2012 State Primary Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 13, 2014
- 2009 Third Suffolk Special Election Results, Massachusetts House of Representatives
- Follow the Money, "Massachusetts 2010 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Suffolk 3
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |