|Candidate for Wisconsin State Assembly District 83
Robertson has been president of Intrepid Innovations, Inc. since 2007, a web design and internet consulting company. He has also been a reporter for Southern Lakes Newspapers since 2007 and Vice President of Marketing/Political Analyst at BipolarNation.com since 2006.
Robertson holds a BA in Political Science from Cardinal Stritch University, earned in 2007.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 83 Democratic primary (2010)|
|Aaron Robertson (D)||1,122||99.82%|
- "On taxes and spending:'Our tax dollars are an investment, and legislators are like money managers. '
- Tax benefits for consumers: '... is dedicated to exploring ways in which Wisconites can receive new consumer incentives on their state income tax returns.'
- On expanding broadband access across Wisconsin:'...committed to expanding broadband across the state, particularly to rural and poorer areas.'
- On the need to expand transportation: 'understands the long-term economic benefits that come with access to high-quality, dependable mass transit.'
- On corporate taxation: 'Greatly decrease the corporate tax rate, but aggressively work to close corporate tax loopholes and aggressively pursue those corporations owing substantial back taxes.'
- On campaign finance reform: ...'is committed to meaningful, bipartisan campaign finance reform.'
- Weighing in on the raw milk debate:'... I don't believe government oversight on raw milk is necessary.'
- Legalizing marijuana for medical use: ...favors the legalization and regulation of marijuana for medical use and does not buy into the argument that it will create a wide-scale "pot" problem in the state.'
- On the environment and energy: 'The most liberal of urban environmentalists and the most conservative of sportsmen can find common ground on at least one issue:...'
- On improving healthcare: '... I'm open to a wide combination of tax credits, health savings accounts, electronic health records, and legislation mandating the disclosure of quality-control statistics and prices by healthcare providers.'
- A pro-life candidate: 'I am pro-life, but I also realize that there is not much that can be done on the state level with a superceding federal decision currently in place.'
- A candidate who is pro-life all around by opposing the death penalty:'I oppose the death penalty on both moral/ethical and fiscal grounds.'
- On concealed firearms:'An adult citizen should be allowed to carry a concealed firearm so long as s/he does not have a felony conviction and so long as s/he agrees to participate in an established system of accountability that would include periodic background checks, periodic continuing education requirements (such as a safety course(s)), and of course, a permit.'"
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- Robertson on Facebook
- Robertson on Twitter
- Robertson's profile on LinkedIn
- List of candidates certified for the November 2, 2010 general election in Wisconsin
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |
Open Records Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of Towns |
List of School Districts |