For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Nebraska State Senate District 45|
|2005 - 2013|
|Bachelor's||Bellevue University, 2003|
|Other||Nebraska Law Enforcement Academy, 1993|
|Date of birth||August 22, 1966|
|Place of birth||Omaha, NE|
Cornett graduated from the Nebraska Law Enforcement Academy in 1993 and earned her B.S. in Criminal Justice from Bellevue University in 2003. Her professional experience included working as a police officer for the Omaha Police Department from 1992 to 2002.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Cornett served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Cornett served on these committees:
- See also: Nebraska State Senate elections, 2012
Note: Incumbent Abbie Cornett was ineligible to run due to term limits.
- See also: Nebraska State Senate elections, 2008
|Nebraska State Senate, District 45 (2008)|
In 2008, Cornett collected $54,083 in donations.
Her five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Nebraska Realtors Association||$2,600|
|Nebraska Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors||$2,500|
|Nebraska Chamber Of Commerce and Industry||$1,643|
|Nebraska Bankers Association||$1,523|
|Nebraska State Education Association||$1,419|
Cornett is currently married to Mark Stranglen with three children, and is known to be Episcopal.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Abbie + Cornett + Nebraska + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Abbie Cornett on Facebook
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Sen. Abbie Cornett," accessed November 17, 2014
- Nebraska Secretary of State, "2008 General Election Results," accessed April 10, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions to Abbie Cornett," accessed November 17, 2014
- www.1011now.com, "Sen. Deb Fischer Announces Endorsements from 13 Neb. State Senators," accessed May 13, 2014
|Nebraska State Senate District 45
| Succeeded by|