|California State Assembly District 18|
|High school||J Eugene McAteer High School (1993)|
|Bachelor's||University Of California, Berkeley|
|Master's||University Of California, Berkeley (2001)|
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
was a 2012 Democratic
candidate for District 18
of the California State Assembly
- 2001: University Of California, Berkeley, Master of Arts, Public Policy
- University Of California, Berkeley, Bachelors, Sociology
- 1993: J Eugene McAteer High School
Guillen's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Balancing Budgets and Cutting Waste
- Excerpt: "California is grappling with a fiscal and economic crisis of historic proportions. To continue making investments in our schools, protect the safety net, keep our neighborhoods safe, and meet the demands of a growing state, we must find long-term revenue solutions to our state budget problems."
- Good Jobs and New Economic Opportunities
- Excerpt: "Like many communities around the country, the East Bay is facing high unemployment and a slow economic recovery. Abel Guillen has helped deliver over $20 million for new career education and job training programs at East Bay community colleges. "
- Excerpt: "As a Community College Trustee, a product of local public schools and the first in his family to graduate from college, Abel Guillen know firsthand the transformative power of education. He understands that public education is the foundation of strong communities and a vibrant economy."
- Excerpt: "California and the East Bay have a long history of leading the way by protecting our environment and producing sustainable energy. We must continue to “protect the commons” and maintain this vital legacy."
- Access to Affordable Health Care
- Excerpt: "Improving access to and the quality of health care is one of the greatest challenges facing our state. We must strive towards a health care system that provides cost-effective, quality health care to all individuals – regardless of one’s background."
- See also: California State Assembly elections, 2012
Guillen ran in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 18. He advanced past the June 5, 2012 blanket primary, defeating Joel Young (D), and Rhonda Weber (R). Guillen was defeated by Rob Bonta (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 18, General Election, 2012
|| Abel Guillen
|California State Assembly, District 18 Blanket Primary, 2012
|| Joel Young
|| Rhonda Weber
Guillen received endorsements from:
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Abel + Guillen + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found