|U.S. House, Colorado, District 3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Colorado State Senate District 3|
|Colorado House of Representatives|
|Associate's||Southern Colorado State College|
Tapia was Member/President of the Pueblo School Board from 1993 to 1997. He served in the Colorado State House of Representatives from 1998 to 2002.
Tapia earned his AAD from Southern Colorado State College. He went on to receive his BSCE in Engineering from Colorado State. He then attended the Graduate School of Business and the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
Tapia worked as Chief Engineer for CF and I Steel Corporation. He has been owner of Abel Engineering Professionals Incorporated since 1985.
Tapia served on the following committee while a member of the Colorado State Senate:
Tapia's campaign website lists the following issues:
—Abel Tapia's campaign website, http://tapiaforcongress.com/issues.html#.U9lPMBCTIa4
Tapia is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Colorado's 3rd District. Tapia won the Democratic nomination in the primary on June 24, 2014, unopposed. He will face incumbent Scott Tipton (R) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2010
Tapia was ineligible to run for re-election in 2010 due to Colorado's term limits.
Tapia raised $51,853 for his campaign.
|Colorado State Senate, District 3 General election (2006)|
|Abel J. Tapia (D)||37562|
|Abel Tapia (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$0||$39,644||$(246)||$39,397|
|Pre-Primary||June 12, 2014||$39,397||$67,264||$(32,683)||$73,978|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2014||$73,978||$34,996||$(16,804)||$92,170|
In 2006, Tapia collected $51,853 in donations.
His two largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Colorado Professional Fire Fighters||$4,000|
|Pueblo Ed Association||$1,054|
Tapia has three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Abel + Tapia + Colorado + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Colorado's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2014
- Colorado's 3rd Congressional District
- Campaign website
- Facebook page
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Abel Tapia
- Campaign Contributions: 2008 2006 2004 2002 2000 1998
- Senator Tapia on State Surge
- Colorado election results
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed July 30, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Primary election results," accessed June 24, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official 2006 General election results," accessed April 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Funds raised by 2006 Senate candidates," accessed April 14, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "2006 election results," November 7, 2006
- Federal Election Commission, "Abel Tapia April Quarterly," accessed April 30, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Abel Tapia Pre-Primary," accessed June 23, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Abel Tapia July Quarterly," accessed July 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2006 contributions to Abel Tapia," accessed October 13, 2010
|Colorado State Senate - District 3
| Succeeded by|
Angela Giron (D)