Adam Clayton Powell
|Adam Clayton Powell|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, New York, District 13|
|New York State Assembly District 68|
|J.D.||Fordham University School of Law|
Powell filed a statement of candidacy with the Federal Election Commission in order to run for U.S. House representing New York's 13th District, in the 2014 elections. However, Powell failed to file for the election with the New York Board of Elections.
Powell earned his B.A. from Howard University and his J.D. from Fordham University School of Law. His professional experience includes working as an assistant district attorney in the Bronx, New York and co-producer of Keep the Faith, Baby.Cite error: Closing
</ref> missing for
<ref> tag However, Powell did not file to run in the primary election.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Powell did not run for re-election in 2010.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2008
Powell raised $82,617 for his campaign while Soriano raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 68 2008|
|Adam Powell (D)||30,161|
|Norma Soriano (R)||2,122|
In 2008, a year in which Powell was up for re-election, he collected $82,617 in donations. The major contributors were:
|Powell for the People||$7,600|
|Transport Workers Local 100||$3,800|
|PGA Mechanical Contractors||$3,800|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Adam + Clayton + Powell + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- House Committees
- New York State Legislature
- New York state legislative districts
- United States House of Representatives
- New York's 13th Congressional District elections, 2014
- New York's 13th Congressional District
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Bloomberg - Political Capital, "Adam Clayton Powell IV Files For Rangel’s N.Y.C. Seat," March 19, 2013
- New York State Board of Elections, "Official Primary results from September 9, 2008," accessed July 31, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "Official Assembly Election Returns November 4, 2008," accessed July 31, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Report on 2008 Campaign donations in New York," accessed August 1, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 campaign contributions," accessed December 22, 2014
|New York Assembly - District 68
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |