Adam J. Satchell
|Rhode Island State Senate District 9|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November, 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||West Warwick High School (1999)|
|Master's||Rhode Island College|
|Place of birth||West Warwick, RI|
Satchell earned his B.A. in Psychology from Merrimack College in 2003 and his M.A. in School Counseling from Rhode Island College in 2009. His professional experience includes working as a guidance counselor in the West Warwick School System and as a teacher at West Warwick High School.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Satchell served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health & Human Services|
Satchell supports restoring the Historical Tax Credit. He also supports collective bargaining rights, marriage equality and further investments in renewable energy.
He has stated, "I hope to bring pride back to West Warwick. I hope to help revitalize our downtown area as well as bring business to our industrial park. I hope to bring life into the downtown and vacant mill properties by restoring the Historical Tax Credit. I also hope to prevent any further cuts to education in West Warwick. I will also try to restore state and federal aid to those in need in our town. While many of my ideas have statewide applications, my first focus will always be the people and the town of West Warwick!"
Elections for the office of Rhode Island State Senate will consist of a primary election on September 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent Adam J. Satchell will face Debra Tocco and Thomas Jones in the Democratic primary. Michael Pinga is running as an Independent candidate.
Satchell won election in the 2012 election for Rhode Island State Senate District 9. He defeated incumbent Michael Pinga in the Democratic primary on September 11. Paul P Caianiello Jr. ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Satchell defeated Caianiello in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Rhode Island State Senate, District 9, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Adam J. Satchell||65.4%||6,618|
|Republican||Paul P Caianiello Jr.||32.6%||3,305|
|Rhode Island State Senate, District 9 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Michael Pinga Incumbent||42%||833|
Comprehensive donor information for Satchell is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Satchell raised a total of $10,875 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 25, 2013.
|Adam Satchell's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Rhode Island State Senate, District 9||$10,875|
|Grand Total Raised||$10,875|
2012Satchell won election to the Rhode Island State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Satchell raised a total of $10,875.
|Rhode Island State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Adam J. Satchell's campaign in 2012|
|National Education Association Rhode Island||$1,500|
|West Warwick Teachers Alliance||$1,000|
|Providence Fire Fighters Local 799||$1,000|
|Coventry Teachers Alliance||$500|
|Rhode Island Federation of Teachers||$400|
|Total Raised in 2012||$10,875|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Satchell is married to Kayla.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Adam + Satchell + Rhode Island + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Rhode Island state legislative districts
- Profile from the Rhode Island State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Sen. Adam J. Satchell," accessed June 6, 2014
- Satchellforsentate.com, "Issues," accessed August 17, 2012
- [Bio submission to ballotpedia]
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Senator in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 5, 2012
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide Primary Results," accessed June 6, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 6, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Satchell, Adam," accessed July 25, 2013
Michael Pinga (D)
|Rhode Island State Senate District 9
| Succeeded by|