Adline C. Clarke
|Adline C. Clarke|
|Alabama House of Representatives District 97|
|June 2013 - Present|
|November 5, 2018|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||May 21, 2013|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
Clarke graduated with a B.A in Communication Arts from Spring Hill College in Mobile, Alabama. Her professional experience includes working as an intern, general assignment reporter, education reporter, business editor, assistant city editor and city editor of The Mobile Register. Clarke has also worked as an instructor, the president of Black Classics Books & Gifts and the communications officer for Mobile Development Enterprises. She is currently the senior vice president of Business and Community Relations for Mobile Development Enterprises.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Clarke served on the following committees:
|Alabama Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Commerce and Small Business|
|• Constitution, Campaigns and Elections|
|• County and Municipal Government|
|• Mobile County Legislation|
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Adline C. Clarke was unopposed in the Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Clarke won election in a special election for Alabama House of Representatives District 97. The seat was vacant due to Yvonne Kennedy's (D) death on December 8, 2012. Clarke faced William Carroll, Karlos Finley, Jeffery Ray Jones, Levi Wright, Jr., Kimberly Williams Pettway and Ronnie L. Williams in the Democratic primary on February 26. As no candidate took over 50 percent of the vote, the top two vote-getters - Finley and Clarke - met in a runoff on April 9, which Clarke won. Clarke defeated David Blunt (I) and Burton LeFlore (I) in the general election, which took place on May 21.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 97, Special Election, 2013|
|Democratic||Adline C. Clarke||89.8%||1,270|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of March 2015, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to email@example.com.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Adline + Clarke + Alabama + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Rep. Clarke's website
- Clarke's Facebook campaign page
- Clarke's campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Adline Clarke's Campaign website, Accessed September 5, 2013
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- AL.com, "Alabama state House District 97: Adline Clarke will face Karlos Finley in runoff," February 26, 2013
- AL.com, "Gov. Bentley sets special election for House District 97 seat," December 18, 2012
- Alabama Secretary of State, " Certification of candidates for District 97," accessed January 17, 2013
- blog.al.com, "Adline Clarke appears to have narrowly beaten Karlos Finley in House District 97 race (updated x2)," April 9, 2013
- fox10tv.com, "Adline Clarke wins District 97 seat," May 21, 2013 (dead link)
- alabamavotes.gov, "Official special election results," accessed November 18, 2013
Yvonne Kennedy (D)
|Alabama House District 97
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|