The Agriculture Committee
(formerly, the Agriculture, Environment and Natural Resources Committee) is a standing committee
of the Ohio State Senate
Per the Senate Rules, committees of the Ohio State Senate are appointed by the President of the Senate. The rules do not give a specific date to which committees are assigned but committee appointments occur after the organization of the Senate. The President shall appoint a chair and vice-chair of each standing committee as well as a ranking minority member. The Minority Leader can recommend minority membership and a ranking minority member for each committee. The President can be substituted as a voting member on any standing committee. The Minority Leader shall be an ex-officio nonvoting member of each committee, and at the Minority Leader's request, the President can substitute for the Minority Leader as a voting member on any committee.
A majority of members in a committee is considered quorum.
See rules: Rules of the Senate
||The Senate Agriculture Committee reviews legislation impacting the agriculture and liquor industry in the State of Ohio. The committee provides legislative oversight for the Department of Agriculture, which regulates agricultural goods and services, and the Division of Liquor Control, which regulates liquor permits and the sale of alcoholic beverages. In addition, the committee makes recommendations to the full Senate for the advice and consent of governor's appointments to the Liquor Control Commission, the Ohio Expositions Commission, the State Veterinary Medical Board, and other related boards and commissions.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ohio General Assembly, "Rules of the Senate," accessed January 29, 2014(Rule 19)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Ohio General Assembly, "Rules of the Senate," accessed January 29, 2014(Rule 20)
- ↑ Ohio General Assembly, "Rules of the Senate," accessed January 29, 2014(Rule 23)
- ↑ Ohio State Senate, "About the Committee," accessed January 29, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.