|Minnesota State Senate District 9|
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 12B|
|Profession||Senior Citizens' Advocate, Horizon Health, Incorporated|
Doty works as a Senior Citizens' Advocate with Horizon Health, Incorporated. He previously worked as a teacher and wrestling coach at Pierz Healy High School from 1968-1999.
Doty is a founding member of American Federation of Teachers Local 1923, Faith Community Church, Pierz Fish Lake Property Owners Association, and the Morrison County Hazardous Waste Committee. He is also a member of the Heartland Region Minnesota Senior Federation, Morrison County Council on Aging, National Rifle Association, Nature Conservancy, and the Rice Creek Sportsmen's Club.
Doty is married and has 2 stepchildren.
Doty's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Health care costs
- Excerpt:"Health care costs are far too high, but putting off treatment until conditions are worse costs us all even more, so it’s critically important to have good health care coverage for all people."
- Excerpt:"It’s the state’s job to adequately fund our schools, but it hasn’t been working equally well in all parts of the state. We need to update formulas to make sure rural Minnesota students have the same advantages as suburban students."
- Excerpt:"Improved roads as a result of the gas tax have been a huge benefit to the area, but we are still barely able to keep up with needed maintenance."
- Excerpt:"We need to combine environmental protection with economic reality. The state needs to continue incentives for private individuals and small businesses to develop and use those technologies, and I favor looking at sensible approaches to all energy options as we plan for our future."
- Excerpt:"I choose to be pro-life and my 100% rating from MCCL every year in office speaks for itself."
Prior to leaving the house, Doty served on the following committees:
- Agriculture, Rural Economies and Veterans Affairs (Vice Chair)
- Agriculture, Rural Economies and Veterans Affairs Finance Division
- Environment and Natural Resources Finance Division
- Veterans Affairs Division
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
|Minnesota State Senate, District 9, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Paul Gazelka Incumbent||53.7%||20,527|
Al Doty raised $48,118 for his campaign.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 12B (2008)|
|Al Doty (DFL)||10,071||50.11%|
|Mike Lemieur (R)||9,995||49.73%|
Listed below are the four largest contributors to Al Doty's 2008 campaign.
|Crow Wing County Democrat-Farmer-Labor||$1,750|
|8th Congressional District Democrat-Farmer-Labor||$1,000|
|Morrison County Democrat-Farmer-Labor||$1,000|
- Al Doty's personal website
- Minnesota House of Representatives - Rep. Doty
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Al Doty on LinkedIn
|Minnesota State House District 12B
| Succeeded by|
Mike Lemieur (R)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |
Data Practices Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |