Alabama Lawrence County Amendment, Amendment 11 (2012)
|Referred by:||Alabama Legislature|
|Topic:||Administration of government|
- See also: 2012 ballot measure election results
The following are official election results:
|Alabama Amendment 11|
1255568 32 out of 67 precincts reporting
Results via the Alabama Secretary of State's website.
Text of measure
The ballot language that voters saw on the ballot read as follows:
|“||Relating to Lawrence County, proposing an amendment to the Constitution of Alabama of 1901, to prohibit any municipality located entirely outside of Lawrence County from imposing any municipal ordinance or regulation, including, but not limited to, any tax, zoning, planning, or sanitation regulations, and any inspection service in its police jurisdiction located in Lawrence County and to provide that a municipality prohibited from imposing any tax or regulation under this amendment shall not provide any regulatory function or police or fire protection services in its police jurisdiction located in Lawrence County, other than public safety mutual aid. (Proposed by Act No. 2012-308)
Statewide Amendment No. 11-Yes ___
Statewide Amendment No. 11-No ___
Changes to the Alabama Constitution
No campaign contributions were made in favor or opposition of the measure, according to state election websites.
Path to the ballot
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Act No. 2012 - 308," accessed October 4, 2012
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Lawrence County November 6, 2012 Sample Ballot," accessed October 12, 2012
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Alabama Secretary of State, "FCPA Reports," accessed November 26, 2012