Alameda County "Children's Hospital Special Tax Initiative", Measure B (February 2008)
If Measure B had been approved, it would have resulted in the levy of a parcel tax on properties in the county to support the Children's Hospital in Oakland.
Measure A, a different parcel tax measure that also would have generated revenue through a parcel tax levy to support the hospital, was on the same ballot. It also failed.
A 2/3rds supermajority vote was required for approval.
- These final election results are from the Alameda County election office.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
|Measure B: "Shall Alameda County impose and collect a special tax on real property parcels in the County commencing on July 1, 2008 and continuing for thirty years at rates set forth in the measure for the purpose of funding grants to Children's Hospital and Research Center Oakland for the construction, expansion, remodeling , renovation, furnishing and equipping projects for Children's Hospital?"|
- Parcel tax elections in California
- California 2008 local ballot measures
- Alameda County, California ballot measures
- California City Finance election results for February 5, 2008
- Text of ballot measure
- 3 Alameda County bond issues on Tuesday's ballot
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found