Alan S. Dick
|Alaska House of Representatives District 6|
|January 24, 2011-January 24, 2013|
|Base salary||$50,400 per year|
|Per diem||Tied to federal rate|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
Dick has worked as a construction worker, an educator, and a private pilot.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Dick served on the following committees:
- Community & Regional Affairs Committee, Alaska House of Representatives
- Education Committee, Alaska House of Representatives, Chair
- Health & Social Services Committee, Alaska House of Representatives, Vice Chair
- Resources Committee, Alaska House of Representatives
- Finance Subcommittees:
- Subcommittee on Education and Early Development
- Subcommittee on Environmental Conservation
- Subcommittee on Fish and Game
- Subcommittee on Health and Social Services
Dick listed the following state issues on his website:
- Excerpt: "As a State, we need to become more independent. We need to carefully but deliberately utilize our natural resources."
- Excerpt: "Schools should reflect the unique nature of each community. The current model is NOT working well."
- Self sufficiency
- Excerpt: "All communities need to become economically more self-sufficient. "
- Excerpt: "Outmigration of villages and small towns can be reversed by honestly identifying the problems and dealing with them. Financial accountability for resources given to the villages heads the list."
- Excerpt: "As I talk with people in our district, representation is the biggest issue! Many people say they have been unrepresented or under-represented in both the House and the Senate."
- Fuel costs
- Excerpt: "Fuel costs are staggering for remote villages. I am learning exciting possibilities and will be pursuing the solutions and urge you to share your ideas for of how to cut energy expenses for all of us."
Dick ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Alaska House of Representatives District 38. He ran unopposed in the August 28, 2012, Republican primary and was challenged by incumbent David Guttenberg (D) and Dorothy Shockley (I) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. Dick was defeated in the general election.
|Alaska House of Representatives District 6 General Election (2010)|
|Alan S. Dick (R)||3,131||58.16%|
|Woodie Salmon (D)||2,210||41.06%|
In 2010, Dick raised $13,936 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Alaska Republican Party||$4,000|
|Republican Women Fairbanks||$1,500|
In March 2012, Dick came under fire for comments he made suggesting women should obtain signed permission from the father of a fetus in order to have an abortion.
A week after making the comments, Dick issued a statement, saying, “Last week in a committee hearing on funding of abortions, I made a less than artful comparison. I have received several phone calls from women who were offended. I’ve listened to what they said. I realize how what I said could be taken to be hurtful — it was for the women who called — and I apologize.”
Dick and his wife, Helen, have five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Alan + Dick + Alaska + House"
- Chris Christie hits Obama and Dems on lack of leadership - Daily Caller
- Gomez: I told McCain he should have left office by now - Daily Caller
- The Search for the Magic Fig Leaf - Daily Caller
- Lil Wayne steps on American flag [VIDEO - Daily Caller]
- Photographer defends Rand Paul photo shoot depicting senator as a liar - Daily Caller
- Graham warns Republicans will fall into 'demographic death spiral' if they ... - Daily Caller
- McConnell campaign, tea party activist publicly spar over primary challenge - Daily Caller
- Miss Utah flubs interview question during Miss USA pageant [VIDEO - Daily Caller]
- Cheney: Obama administration may be 'a day late and a dollar short' on Syria - Daily Caller
- Hello total information awareness, goodbye freedom - Daily Caller
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Facebook campaign page
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- Project Vote Legislative profile
- Campaign contributions 2010
- ↑ Alaska House of Representatives of Representatives "House Majority Members" Accessed September 18, 2012
- ↑ Alan Dick's campaign website, Issues
- ↑ Alaska Division of Elections - August 28, 2012 Primary Candidate List
- ↑ Alaska Division of Elections, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Alaska Election Division "Election Results 2012" Accessed November 16, 2012
- ↑ August 24, 2010 primary results
- ↑ November 2, 2010 election results
- ↑ 2010 contributions
- ↑ Daily News-Miner, "Alaska state Rep. Alan Dick apologizes for saying women should get a man's permission to obtain an abortion," March 23, 2012
Woodie Salmon (D)
|Alaska House of Representatives District 6
| Succeeded by|
Eric A. Feige (R)