Alaska Marriage Amendment, Measure 2 (1998)
Marriage and Family
|Not on ballot|
|Alaska Marriage Amendment, Measure 2|
Results from the Alaska State Government.
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot said, "This measure would amend the Declaration of Rights section of the Alaska Constitution to limit marriage. The amendment would say that to be valid, a marriage may exist only between one man and one woman."
Section 25 of Article I of the Alaska Constitution codifies the Alaska Marriage Amendment.
- Bess v. Ulmer
- 1998 ballot measures
- Alaska 1998 ballot measures
- List of Alaska ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
- 1998 Alaska Voter Guide
- National Conference of State Legislatures Ballot Measures Database
- The Constitutionalism of American States, p. 693.