|Former candidate for|
|Oregon House of Representatives District 23|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Polikoff's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Health Care For All Oregon
- Excerpt: "I support universal, publicly-funded medical coverage. Health care is a basic right, not a privilege only for those who can afford it."
Establish An Oregon State Bank
- Excerpt: "Keep our money in Oregon. Stop giving hundreds of millions to JP Morgan, Wells Fargo, and the other banks who crashed our financial system and channel that money to small businesses and farmers. North Dakota has a state bank (and fared much better in the latest economic crash); why can't we?"
Fewer Prisoners, Better Schools
- Excerpt: "Get non-violent drug offenders out of our prison system and use the money for more K-12 teachers & staff, educational aids, and debt relief for college students."
- Excerpt: "A fair minimum wage for all who work for a living. Tax policies that mean all pay their fair share, especially corporations who earn large profits but still pay little or no state income tax."
A Sustainable Oregon
- Excerpt: "I support local food production, and the right to keep GMOs out of our food supply. Convert coal-based power to 100% renewable energy, and resist the influence of out-of-state energy interests. Establish policies that favor small businesses and green technologies. Our goal should be an Oregon that meets our needs as well as our childrens needs, not one of unsustainable growth."
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Wanda Davis was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Mike Nearman defeated incumbent Jim Thompson in the Republican primary. Davis also ran on the Working Families Party ticket. Mark Karnowski ran as a Libertarian candidate, while Alex Polikoff ran as a Pacific Green Party candidate. Nearman defeated Davis, Karnowski and Polikoff in the general election.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 23 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Jim Thompson Incumbent||37%||2,501|
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 23, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jim Thompson Incumbent||59.2%||17,864|
|Pacific Green||Alex Polikoff||7.9%||2,381|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Alex + Polikoff + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon House of Representatives
- Oregon House of Representatives District 23
- Oregon House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Oregon State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Oregon candidate list for 2014
- Follow the Money
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- New Menu.org, "Vote Alex," accessed August 29, 2014
- Associated Press, "2014 Oregon House of Representatives Primary Results," accessed May 20, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 17, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Official general election results for 2014," accessed April 30, 2015
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the House," accessed April 11, 2012
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Official Results for May 15 Primary election," accessed April 30, 2015
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Official General Results for 2012," accessed April 30, 2015