Alice M. Johnson
|Minnesota State Senate District 37|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
Johnson's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Move our Economy Forward
- Excerpt:"Alice will promote economic development through smart investments, sound infrastructure, and clean energy. Alice supports policies to help small business start-up and grow, creating living wage jobs for area families."
Provide Quality Education for All Children
- Excerpt:"Alice opposes measures to balance the state budget by borrowing billions from our schools. This has caused schools to make drastic cuts that have negatively affected our children’s learning. She believes that quality education is the key to Minnesota’s future success."
Reduce Property Taxes on Homeowners and Businesses
- Excerpt:"Alice opposes the elimination of the Homestead Property Tax Credit. This legislation resulted in skyrocketing property taxes for our businesses and homeowners."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Johnson served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• State and Local Government|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
Johnson won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota State Senate District 37. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated incumbent Pam Wolf (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 37, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Pam Wolf Incumbent||46.7%||19,962|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "AliceX + Johnson + Minnesota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Sen. Johnson's website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
Chris Gerlach (R)
|Minnesota State Senate District 37
| Succeeded by|