Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Florida, District 2|
|January 3, 1997 – January 3, 2011|
|Date of birth||June 6, 1945|
|Place of birth||Valdosta, Georgia|
Frequency of Voting with Democratic Leadership
According to a July 2010 analysis of 1,357 votes cast from January 1, 2009 to June 16, 2010, Boyd has voted with the House Democratic leadership 95.5% of the time. That same analysis reported that he also voted with party leadership 97% of the time in 2010.
Washington Post Analysis
A separate analysis from The Washington Post from July 23, 2010, concluded that he votes 95.8% of the time with a majority of Democrats in the House of Representatives.
Boyd also supported the "Cap and Trade" bill. Just after the bill’s passage, 42 percent of likely U.S. voters said that cap and trade would hurt the economy, while 19 percent believed that it would help. Another 15 percent said that the bill would have no impact.
Finally, Boyd voted in favor of the health care reform bill. Fifty-seven percent of likely voters at least somewhat favored repeal of the health care reform bill, including 46 percent who strongly favored repeal. Thirty-five percent of likely voters opposed repeal. Fifty-one percent of likely voters believed the health care reform bill would be bad for the country, while 36 percent believed it would be beneficial.
- A Line of Sight, July 2010
- The Washington Post analysis
- U.S. House Clerk, "Roll Call 681," October 3, 2008
- Gallup, "Among Recent Bills, Financial Reform a Lone Plus for Congress," September 13, 2010
- US House Clerk, "Roll Call 477," June 26, 2009
- Rasmussen, "42% Say Climate Change Bill Will Hurt The Economy," June 30, 2009
- US House Clerk, "Roll Call 165," March 21, 2010
- Rasmussen, "61% Favor Repeal of Healthcare Law," September 20, 2010