|North Dakota House of Representatives District 13|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||12|
|Per diem||Up to $1,569/month for lodging|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Commissioner, Cass County|
|Bachelor's||North Dakota State University, 1958|
|Service/branch||United States Army Reserve|
|Birthday||April 26, 1935|
|Place of birth||Underwood, ND|
Wieland was a Cass County Commissioner from 1983 to 2003.
Wieland earned a B.A. from North Dakota State University in 1958. His professional experience includes being the owner and appraiser with A&M Appraisers from 1985 to 2005. He served in the 311th General Hospital Reserves of the United States Army Reserve.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Wieland served on the following committees:
- Subcommittee on Human Resources (Appropriations)
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Wieland served on the following committee:
- Subcommittee on Human Resources (Appropriations)
Wieland won re-election to one of two seats in District 31 of the North Dakota House of Representatives. Wieland and fellow incumbent Kim Koppelman (R) defeated Mary C Tintes (D) and Michael Halverson (D) in the November 2 general election.
|North Dakota State House, District 13|
|Kim Koppelman (R)||3,652|
|Alon Wieland (R)||3,461|
|Mary C Tintes (D)||2,058|
|Michael Halverson (D)||1,941|
|North Dakota House of Representatives, District 13|
|Alon Wieland (R)||2,409|
|Kim Koppelman (R)||2,534|
|Jackie Brodshaug (D-NPL)||2,027|
|Zac Ista (D-NPL)||1,897|
In 2010, Wieland received $5,425 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|North Dakota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Alon Wieland's campaign in 2010|
|North Dakota Association Of Realtors||$1,000|
|Lignite Energy Council||$1,000|
|North Dakota Petroleum Council||$500|
|North Dakota Association Of Telecommunications Cooperatives||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$5,425|
In 2006, Wieland collected $3,050 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2006.
|NORTH DAKOTA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS||$1,000|
|NORTH DAKOTA LIGNITE COUNCIL||$500|
|NORTH DAKOTA ASSOCIATION OF RURAL ELECTRIC COOPERATIVES||$400|
NDPC: North Dakota Legislative Review
The North Dakota Policy Council, a North Dakota-based nonprofit research organization which describes itself as "liberty-based", published the North Dakota Legislative Review, a comprehensive report on how state legislators voted during the 2011 legislative session. The scorecard seeks to show how North Dakota legislators voted on the principles the Council seeks to promote. The Council recorded and scored votes on both spending bills and policy bills, and awarded points accordingly. Policy issues voted upon included income tax cuts, pension reform, and government transparency. On spending legislation, the Council accorded a percentage score based on how much spending the legislator voted against. On policy legislation, scores range from the highest score (100%) to the lowest (0%). A higher score indicates that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Council. Wieland received a score of 72.29% on policy legislation and voted against 13.27% of state spending. Wieland was ranked 24th on policy and 16th on spending, out of 94 House members evaluated for the study.
Wieland and his wife, Merle, have four children. They currently reside in West Fargo, North Dakota.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Alon + Wieland + North + Dakota + House'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Dakota House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly
- North Dakota state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Dakota House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Rep. Wieland's State Surge sponsored bills
- Rep. Wieland on LinkedIn
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002
- Project Smart Vote, "Biography of Rep. Wieland," accessed May 23, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2010 Primary Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2010 General Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2006 General Election Results," accessed May 22, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2008 Campaign contributions," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Policy Council, "The North Dakota Legislative Review - 2011," accessed January 20, 2014
- North Dakota Policy Council "2011 North Dakota Legislative Review Rankings," accessed January 26, 2014
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |