Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|18th Judicial District, Louisiana|
|Past position:||Assistant public defender, 18th Judicial District Court|
|Undergraduate:||Southern University, 1976|
|Law School:||Southern University Law Center, 1981|
|Candidate for:||18th District Court|
|Election information 2014:|
Alvin Batiste, Jr. is a judge of the 18th Judicial District, Division C in Iberville Parish, Louisiana. He was elected to this position on November 5, 2002, taking office the following January. He was re-elected in 2014 for a term beginning on January 1, 2015, and expiring on December 31, 2020.
- See also: Louisiana judicial elections, 2014
| Batiste ran for re-election to the 18th Judicial District.
As an unopposed candidate, he was automatically elected without appearing on the ballot.
Batiste graduated with a B.S. in economics from Southern University in 1976, going on to receive his J.D. from Southern University Law Center in 1981. He was admitted to the Louisiana State Bar that same year.
- 2002-2020: Judge, 18th Judicial District
- 1996-1997: Arbitrator, Southeastern Panel of the US Postal Service
- 1995-1997: Assistant public defender, 18th Judicial District Court
- 1988-1993: Assistant attorney general (Environmental Section)
- 1985-1988: Assistant public defender, East Baton Rouge Parish
- 1982-1985: Judge advocates general, US Navy
Batiste also maintained a law practice with his late wife, Yolanda J. Batiste, until 1997.
- Office of the District Attorney of the 18th Judicial District, "Ricky Ward, District Attorney," accessed December 18, 2014
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "Official Election Results," November 5, 2002
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "Elected Officials," accessed December 9, 2014 (Scroll down to "District Judge…")
- Judgepedia.org, “Judicial selection in Louisiana,” accessed December 8, 2014
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "November 4, 2014 General Election Candidates," accessed August 25, 2014
- Louisiana Judicial Council, "Judge Alvin Batiste, Jr.," accessed December 18, 2014