|Kansas House of Representatives District 16|
|January 10, 2011 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Associate's||Nebraska Christian College|
|Bachelor's||Wayne State College|
Grosserode earned her bachelor's degree in Elementary Education from Wayne State College.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Grosserode served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Education Budget, Vice-chair|
Grosserode served on the following committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Federal and State Affairs|
|• Local Government|
Grosserode, a home-schooling mom, said she was "fed up" with the spending in Washington. "My husband and I were feeling frustrated that the stimulus had passed with very little debate and no one had read it. I said, 'We need to do something'."
Elections for the office of Kansas House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Don McGuire defeated Arthena Easterwood in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Amanda Grosserode defeated Jameia Haines and Ray Marshall in the Republican primary. Grosserode faces McGuire in the general election.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 16 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 16 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Amanda Grosserode Incumbent||55.3%||1,552|
Grosserode won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 16. She ran unopposed in the August 7 primary and ran unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 16 General Election (2010)|
|Amanda Grosserode (R)||4,266|
|Gene Rardin (D)||3,530|
Comprehensive donor information for Grosserode is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Grosserode raised a total of $58,656 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 12, 2013.
|Amanda Grosserode's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 16||$25,993|
|2010||Kansas State House, District 16||$32,663|
|Grand Total Raised||$58,656|
2012Grosserode won re-election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Grosserode raised a total of $25,993.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Amanda Grosserode's campaign in 2012|
|Kansas Chamber of Commerce & Industry||$1,192|
|Ash Grove Cement||$1,000|
|Hospital Corp of America||$750|
|Kansas Medical Society||$750|
|Total Raised in 2012||$25,993|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Grosserode won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Grosserode raised a total of $32,663.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Amanda Grosserode's campaign in 2010|
|Kansas Chamber of Commerce & Industry||$1,000|
|Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$32,663|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Kansas Freedom Index
The Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas’s "first free market think tank," releases its legislator scorecard as a part of its Kansas Freedom Index for Kansas state representatives and senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score from 1%-100% based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Kansas Policy Institute thought were pro-limited government policies.
Amanda Grosserode received a score of 88.0% in the 2013 index.
Grosserode and her husband, Chad, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Amanda + Grosserode + Kansas + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Kansas state legislative districts
- Kansas State Legislature
- Kansas Legislature - Representative Amanda Grosserode
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Project Vote Smart, "Amanda Grosserode's Biography," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Meadowlark, "750 in Overland Park brave cold, wind to protest stimulus, pork," February 20, 2009
- Investor's Business Daily, "Anti-Stimulus Protests Sprout Up," February 20, 2009 (Archived)
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2014 General (unofficial)," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 Primary (unofficial)," accessed June 19, 2012
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2010 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 29, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Grosserode, Amanda," accessed June 12, 2013
- Kansas Policy Institute, "Freedom Index," accessed March 31, 2014
- 2013 Kansas Policy Index
Gene Rardin (D)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 16
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |