|Kansas House of Representatives District 16|
|January 10, 2011 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Wayne State College|
|Associate's||Nebraska Christian College|
Grosserode earned her bachelor's degree in Elementary Education from Wayne State College.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Grosserode served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Education Budget, Vice-chair|
Grosserode served on the following committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Federal and State Affairs|
|• Local Government|
Grosserode, a home-schooling mom, said she was "fed up" with the spending in Washington. "My husband and I were feeling frustrated that the stimulus had passed with very little debate and no one had read it. I said, 'We need to do something'."
Grosserode won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 16. She ran unopposed in the August 7 primary and ran unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 16 General Election (2010)|
|Amanda Grosserode (R)||4,266|
|Gene Rardin (D)||3,530|
Comprehensive donor information for Grosserode is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Grosserode raised a total of $58,656 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 12, 2013.
|Amanda Grosserode's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 16||$25,993|
|2010||Kansas State House, District 16||$32,663|
|Grand Total Raised||$58,656|
2012Grosserode won re-election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Grosserode raised a total of $25,993.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Amanda Grosserode's campaign in 2012|
|Kansas Chamber of Commerce & Industry||$1,192|
|Ash Grove Cement||$1,000|
|Hospital Corp of America||$750|
|Kansas Medical Society||$750|
|Total Raised in 2012||$25,993|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Grosserode won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Grosserode raised a total of $32,663.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Amanda Grosserode's campaign in 2010|
|Kansas Chamber of Commerce & Industry||$1,000|
|Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$32,663|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Kansas Freedom Index
The Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas’s "first free market think tank," releases its legislator scorecard as a part of its Kansas Freedom Index for Kansas state representatives and senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score from 1%-100% based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Kansas Policy Institute thought were pro-limited government policies.
Amanda Grosserode received a score of 88.0% in the 2013 index.
Grosserode and her husband, Chad, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Amanda + Grosserode + Kansas + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas Legislature - Representative Amanda Grosserode
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Project Vote Smart, "Amanda Grosserode's Biography," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Meadowlark, "750 in Overland Park brave cold, wind to protest stimulus, pork," February 20, 2009
- Investor's Business Daily, "Anti-Stimulus Protests Sprout Up," February 20, 2009 (Archived)
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 Primary (unofficial)," accessed June 19, 2012
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2010 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 29, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Grosserode, Amanda," accessed June 12, 2013
- Kansas Policy Institute, "Freedom Index," accessed March 31, 2014
- 2013 Kansas Policy Index
Gene Rardin (D)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 16
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |