Amanda Hickman Murphy
|Amanda Hickman Murphy|
|Florida House of Representatives, District 36|
|November 4, 2013-present|
|November 18, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||October 15, 2013|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hickman Murphy served on the following committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health & Human Services|
Elections for the office of Florida House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 26, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 20, 2014. Incumbent Amanda Hickman Murphy is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while James Mathieu and Chris Gregg will face off in the Republican primary.
Murphy won election in the 2013 election for Florida House of Representatives District 36. The seat was vacant following Mike Fasano's (R) appointment as Pasco County Tax Collector on August 15, 2013. Murphy was unopposed in the September 17 Democratic primary and defeated Bill Gunter (R) in the special election, which took place on October 15, 2013.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 36, Special Election, 2013|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Amanda + Murphy + Florida + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Florida State Legislature
- Florida state legislative districts
- abcactionnews.com, "Democrat Amanda Murphy wins Pasco County special election for District 36 seat," accessed November 12, 2013
- Florida Dvision of Elections, "Candidate Listing for 2014 General Election," accessed June 23, 2014
- election.dos.state.fl.us, "Candidate Listing for 2013 Special Election - House 36," accessed August 27, 2013
- thefloridacurrent.com, "Gunter romps in GOP primary for District 36 special election," September 17, 2013
- bradenton.com, "Democrat wins special election for vacant seat," October 15, 2013
- doe.dos.state.fl.us, "Official election results," accessed December 11, 2013
|Florida House of Representatives District 36
October 15, 2013–present
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |