|U.S. House, California, District 21|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||June 3, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Woodlake High School|
|Master's||Harvard Business School|
|Place of birth||Woodlake, California|
Renteria earned a B.A. in Economics and a B.A. in Political Science from Stanford University. After college, she spent nearly four years working as an investment analyst. She then worked as a math and economics teacher before receiving her MBA from Harvard Business School.
Renteria joined the office of Senator Dianne Feinstein in 2005. She moved to the office of Senator Debbie Stabenow in 2006. While working for Stabenow, Renteria became the first Latina Chief of Staff in the history of the U.S. Senate.
Renteria is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 21st District. Renteria is seeking election as a Democratic candidate in the blanket primary on June 3, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has included Renteria in their "Jumpstart" program. The program provides financial support to the candidate.
|Amanda Renteria (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Year-End||January 31, 2014||$0||$337,992||$(81,255)||$256,737|
Renteria and her husband, Patrick, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Amanda + Renteria + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- California's 21st Congressional District elections, 2014
- California's 21st Congressional District
- Roll Call, "Democrats Ready to Land Recruit in Elusive California District," September 18, 2013
- Campaign website, "About," accessed April 16, 2014
- Roll Call, "House Democrats Promote 3 Recruits," accessed October 24, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Amanda Renteria Year-End," accessed February 10, 2014