|Former candidate for|
|Nevada State Assembly, District 29|
|High school||Orange High School|
|Place of birth||Los Angeles, California|
Groves's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Nevadans need jobs, but current legislation is getting in the way of hiring. Our legislature cannot continue to raise taxes on employment and expect Nevadans to create jobs. We need to ensure that businesses feel confident investing in Nevada."
- Excerpt: "We need to continue to reform our education system. In 2011 Governor Sandoval and the Legislature made great strides, but we can’t stop there. I believe we need to continue to pass legislation to keep our schools accountable and give parents more authority in their children’s education, especially with vouchers to attend private schools."
- Excerpt: "I believe we need to reduce state spending to population growth. With the exception of higher education, demand is back to 2005 levels but the cost to taxpayers continues to rise. We need to take a hard look at everything in addition to essential services. I have experience balancing a budget and cutting spending."
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Nevada State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Lesley Cohen was set to face Daniel Mathis in the Democratic primary, but Mathis withdrew before the primary, leaving Cohen unopposed. Stephen Silberkraus defeated Amy Groves in the Republican primary. Cohen was defeated by Silberkraus in the general election.
|Nevada State Assembly District 29, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Lesley Cohen Incumbent||45.2%||6,171|
|Nevada State Assembly, District 29 Republican Primary, 2014|
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2012
Groves ran in the 2012 election for Nevada State Assembly, District 14. Groves ran unopposed in the June 12 primary election and was defeated by Maggie Carlton (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Nevada State Assembly, District 14, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Maggie Carlton Incumbent||70.2%||10,535|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Amy + Groves + Nevada + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Nevada State Assembly
- Nevada State Legislature
- Nevada State Assembly elections, 2014
- Nevada State Assembly District 29
- Amy Groves 4 Assembly, "Issues," accessed May 21, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2014 filed candidates," accessed April 8, 2014
- Clark County, "Candidate filing," accessed April 8, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Nevada Primary Election 2014," accessed June 10, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Clark County, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Washoe County, "2012 General Election candidates," accessed May 5, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Official Results of the 2012 Primary Election," accessed April 23, 2014