|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 17|
|November 4, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$188/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Sevier County High School|
|Bachelor's||East Tennessee State University|
|J.D.||Thomas M. Cooley Law School|
Farmer received a B.A. in Business Administration from East Tennessee State University. He later received a J.D. from Thomas M. Cooley Law School. He is a practicing attorney.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Farmer served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Civil Justice|
|• Criminal Justice|
Elections for the office of Tennessee House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 7, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 3, 2014. Incumbent Andrew E. Farmer is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Farmer won election in the 2012 election for Tennessee House of Representatives, District 17. Farmer defeated Larry Boggs and Roger W. Griffith in the August 2 primary election and defeated Mike Dockery (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 17, General Election, 2012|
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 17 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Farmer is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Farmer raised a total of $146,365 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 28, 2013.
|Andrew Farmer's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Tennessee State House, District 17||$146,365|
|Grand Total Raised||$146,365|
2012Farmer won election to the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Farmer raised a total of $146,365.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Andrew Farmer's campaign in 2012|
|Farmer, Andrew Ellis||$22,100|
|Farmer, Andrew E||$22,100|
|Farmer, Andrew E||$11,000|
|Farmer, Andrew E||$4,100|
|Sevier County Good Government PAC||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$146,365|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Farmer and his wife, Mariah, have two children. They currently reside in Sevierville, Tennessee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Andrew + Farmer + Tennessee + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee State Legislature
- Tennessee House of Representatives
- Tennessee House of Representatives Committees
- Tennessee Joint Committees
- Tennessee state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign Contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- Project Vote Smart
- Mountainpress.com, "Attorney Andrew Farmer to run for State House seat," accessed July 27, 2012
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Petitions Filed for State Senate and State House of Representatives," accessed April 5, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2012 List of Candidates," accessed April 17, 2014
- Tennessee Department of State, "Election Results," accessed April 17, 2014
- Associated Press, "Tennessee - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 2, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Farmer, Andrew E," accessed June 28, 2013
Frank Niceley (R)
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 17
| Succeeded by|
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |