For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 17|
|November 7, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$188/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|High school||Sevier County High School|
|Bachelor's||East Tennessee State University|
|J.D.||Thomas M. Cooley Law School|
Farmer received a B.A. in Business Administration from East Tennessee State University. He later received a J.D. from Thomas M. Cooley Law School. He is a practicing attorney.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Farmer served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Civil Justice|
|• Criminal Justice|
Elections for 99 seats in the Tennessee House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 7, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 3, 2014. Incumbent Andrew E. Farmer was unopposed in the Republican primary. Farmer was unopposed in the general election.
Farmer won election in the 2012 election for Tennessee House of Representatives, District 17. Farmer defeated Larry Boggs and Roger W. Griffith in the August 2 primary election and defeated Mike Dockery (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 17, General Election, 2012|
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 17 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Farmer is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Farmer raised a total of $146,365 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 28, 2013.
|Andrew Farmer's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Tennessee State House, District 17||$146,365|
|Grand Total Raised||$146,365|
2012Farmer won election to the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Farmer raised a total of $146,365.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Andrew Farmer's campaign in 2012|
|Farmer, Andrew Ellis||$22,100|
|Farmer, Andrew E||$22,100|
|Farmer, Andrew E||$11,000|
|Farmer, Andrew E||$4,100|
|Sevier County Good Government PAC||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$146,365|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 108th Tennessee General Assembly, first year, was in session from January 8 to April 19. In 2014, the 108th Tennessee General Assembly, second year, was in session from January 14 to April 18.
- Tennessee National Federation of Independent Business: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
- Tennessee Conservation Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes relating to conservation and environmental issues.
- Tennessee Voters for Animal Protection: 2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on animal protection bills.
Farmer and his wife, Mariah, have two children. They currently reside in Sevierville, Tennessee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Andrew + Farmer + Tennessee + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee State Legislature
- Tennessee House of Representatives
- Tennessee House of Representatives Committees
- Tennessee Joint Committees
- Tennessee state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign Contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- Project Vote Smart
- Mountainpress.com, "Attorney Andrew Farmer to run for State House seat," accessed July 27, 2012 (dead link)
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "August 7, 2014 Election Results," accessed September 11, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Petitions Filed for State Senate and State House of Representatives," accessed April 5, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2012 List of Candidates," accessed April 17, 2014
- Tennessee Department of State, "Election Results," accessed April 17, 2014
- Associated Press, "Tennessee - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 2, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Farmer, Andrew E," accessed June 28, 2013
Frank Niceley (R)
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 17
| Succeeded by|
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |
Tennessee Supreme Court | Court of Appeals | Court of Criminal Appeals | Chancery Courts | Circuit Courts | General Sessions Courts | Probate Courts | Criminal Courts | Juvenile Courts | Judicial selection in Tennessee |