|Connecticut State Senate District 18|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||6|
|Connecticut State Senate Deputy Majority Leader|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2006|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Burgess City Council|
|Bachelor's||Connecticut College (1996)|
|Birthday||July 14, 1962|
|Place of birth||New London, CT|
Maynard earned his BA in Government from Connecticut College in 1996.
Maynard was Assistant Director for Quester Gallery from 1983 to 1989. He then worked as Director of The Cooley Gallery of Fine Art from 1992 to 2004. He has worked in Mortgage Banking for the Dime Bank since 2005.
Maynard served on the Burgess City Council from 1997 to 1999. He was a candidate for the Connecticut State Senate in 2004 but was not elected. He has been Warden of the Borough of Stonington since 1999. He was also Chair of the Borough Democratic Committee from 1997 to 1999 and from 2004 to the present.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Maynard served on the following committees:
|Connecticut Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environment, Vice Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Maynard served on these committees:
|Connecticut Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Environment, Vice Chair|
|• Transportation, Co-Chair|
|• Veterans' Affairs, Co-Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Maynard served on these committees:
|Connecticut Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Appropriations, Vice Chair|
|• General Law|
|• Program Review and Investigations|
- See also: Connecticut State Senate elections, 2012
Maynard ran in the 2012 election for Connecticut State Senate District 18. Maynard ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012. He defeated Theresa Madonna (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012. 
|Connecticut State Senate, District 18, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Andrew Maynard Incumbent||60.8%||23,380|
- See also: Connecticut State Senate elections, 2010
Maynard ran for re-election to the 18th District Seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition. He defeated Stuart R. Norman, Jr. (R) in the November 2 general election.
|Connecticut State Senate, District 18 General Election (2010)|
|Andrew Maynard (D)||17,972|
|Stuart R. Norman, Jr. (R)||12,126|
|Connecticut State Senate, District 18 (2008)|
|Andrew Maynard (D)||27,389|
|Anne Hatfield (R)||13,189|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Maynard raised $52,601 in contributions. 
His largest contributor was the Public Fund, which donated $36,700 to his campaign.
In 2008, Maynard collected $87,557 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|CT Democratic State Central Committee||$303|
Yankee Institute's Voter Guide
- See also: Yankee Institute's Voter Guide
The Yankee Institute, a pro-market think tank, releases its Voter Guide after each two-year legislative term. Each member of the Connecticut General Assembly receives a score from 0 to 10 based on how he or she voted in ten key votes. The Institute selects key votes which "reveal the differences between those legislators that would harness the power of individual liberty and the market to improve lives, and those that prefer a centrally-planned approach." A legislator with a 10 voted in agreement with the Yankee Institute on all 10 votes, while a legislator with a 0 voted against the Yankee Institute's views or was absent for all 10 votes.
Maynard received a score of 1 on the Yankee Institute's Voter Guide for 2011-12, tied for the 17th highest score among the 36 scored members of the Connecticut Senate. This score was 1 lower than his score of 2 for the 2009-10 term.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Andrew + Maynard + Connecticut + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Our View: Entrepreneurial spirit is on display - Norwich Bulletin
- State gives Amistad time, and money, to repair nonprofit status - TheDay.com
- Air traffic controllers need more than reprieve - Ct Post
- Danbury Legislators Take Action To Keep Airport Tower Open - The Daily Voice
- Courtney calls for tax reform, says another BRAC unlikely - Norwich Bulletin
- Business briefs -- May 12, 2013 - TheDay.com (blog)
- New Haven's Tweed Regional Airport Continues Fight Against Sequester ... - The Leading Aviation Industry Resource for News, Equipment and
- General Assembly of Connecticut recognizes Khojaly genocide - News.Az
- Connecticut democrats renew license push for immigrants - Torrington Register Citizen
- Finizio, Maynard back driver's license measure - TheDay.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Maynard is single.
- Official Connecticut State Senate website of Senator Andrew Maynard
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008 2006 2004
- ↑ Connecticut Secretary of State "Candidate List" Accessed June 18, 2012
- ↑ Connecticut Secretary of State, Official Primary Results
- ↑ Connecticut Secretary of State "Election Results 2012" Accessed November 17, 2012
- ↑ Connecticut Secretary of State - 2008 General Election Results
- ↑ 2010 contributions
- ↑ 2008 contributions to Andrew Maynard
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Yankee Institute for Public Policy, Yankee Institute Voter Guide for 2011-12, October 19, 2012
|Connecticut State Senate - District 18
| Succeeded by|