Andrew H. Holt
|Andrew H. Holt|
|Tennessee House Of Representatives District 76|
|November 4, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$188/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Tennessee-Knoxville, 2004|
|Master's||University of Tennessee-Martin, 2007|
|Birthday||December 22, 1981|
Holt holds a B.S. in Agricultural Economics and Business from the University of Tennessee-Knoxville. He later received an MBA from the University of Tennessee-Martin. Holt has worked as a farmer and businessman.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Holt served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources, Vice-chair|
|• Local Government|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Holt served on these committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Conservation & Environment|
In January 2014, Holt and State Rep. Stacey Campfield introduced legislation pushing back against the National Security Agency and the federal government’s warrantless surveillance programs. The bills would ban state officials from providing material support to the NSA’s code-breaking facility in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
Andrew H. Holt endorsed Rick Santorum in the 2012 presidential election.
Elections for the office of Tennessee House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 7, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 3, 2014. Joyce Washington is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Andy Holt is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Holt won re-election in the 2012 election for Tennessee House of Representatives, District 76. Holt ran unopposed in the August 2 primary election and defeated Mark L. Maddox (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 76, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Andy Holt Incumbent||54.3%||11,121|
Comprehensive donor information for Holt is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Holt raised a total of $141,433 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 2, 2013.
|Andrew H. Holt's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Tennessee State House, District 76||$115,811|
|2010||Tennessee State House, District 76||$25,622|
|Grand Total Raised||$141,433|
2012Holt won re-election to the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Holt raised a total of $115,811.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Andrew H. Holt's campaign in 2012|
|House Republican Caucus||$23,259|
|Tennessee Legislative Campaign Cmte||$5,487|
|Harwell, Beth Halteman||$2,800|
|Total Raised in 2012||$115,811|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Holt won election to the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Holt raised a total of $25,622.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Andrew H. Holt's campaign in 2010|
|Tennessee Federation Of Republican Women||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$25,622|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Holt and his wife have two children. They currently reside in Dresden, Tennessee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Andrew + Holt + Tennessee + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee State Legislature
- Tennessee House of Representatives
- Tennessee House of Representatives Committees
- Tennessee Joint Committees
- Tennessee state legislative districts
- Andrew Holt on the Tennessee State House website
- Profile from Open States
- Andrew Holt's biography on Project Vote Smart
- Andrew Holt's biography on the University of Tennessee's government relations website
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- WatchDog.org, "Arizona, New Hampshire, Tennessee lawmakers target NSA," January 24, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Petitions Filed for State Senate and State House of Representatives," accessed April 5, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2012 List of Candidates," accessed April 18, 2014
- Tennessee Department of State, "Election Results," accessed April 18, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2010 Primary Election Official Results," accessed April 18, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2010 Tennessee General election results," accessed April 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Holt, Andrew H," accessed July 2, 2013
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 76
| Succeeded by|
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |