Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives, District 115|
Olivo's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- "I believe that all elected officials, on the state and national levels, should be subject to term limits."
- "One of the best ways to prevent political gridlock is to not allow politicians to hold a single elected office for more than 2 to 3 terms. This would force politicians to communicate with their constituents since would have to return to the district and be subjected to the laws and regulations enacted while they were in office."
- "Many of our citizens need jobs. I would look for opportunities to bring jobs into our district. I would also work with schools to train our children for employment instead of only providing a general education. Eliminating outdated business laws such as the “Blue” Laws"
- "The best way to help the environment is through voluntary, business-based measures, but if that does not work, we must look to a market-based solution for the problem, not an expansion of ineffectual government regulations."
- "I am against a state personal income tax."
- "I will oppose all legislation which would effectively increase the tax or “fee” burden on our already-struggling businesses and citizens."
- "A lack of proper education for our current children affects Texas’ future prosperity for several generations to come. Educated citizens equate to higher producing citizens, which creates more job availability, higher property values and a better quality of life."
- "Texas has made strides in math and science education, but education in civics and in the humanities have been sacrificed."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Andy + Olivo + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |