|Running for North Carolina State Senate, District 42|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 96|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Hickory High School|
|Bachelor's||North Carolina State University|
|Place of birth||Virginia|
Wells received his diploma from Hickory High School. He earned a bachelor's degree from North Carolina State University. Wells is the owner of Prism Development.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Wells served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Andy Wells was unopposed in the Republican primary. Pat Hensley is running as an Independent candidate. Wells and Hensley will face off in the general election.
Wells ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 96. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012. Wells defeated Cliff Moone (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 96, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Wells is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Wells raised a total of $79,552 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 3, 2013.
|Andy Wells's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 96||$79,552|
|Grand Total Raised||$79,552|
2012Wells won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Wells raised a total of $79,552.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Andy Wells's campaign in 2012|
|Wells Jr, W Andrew||$15,000|
|Cline, Dale K||$2,000|
|Piedmont Radiologists Interested in Medical Excellence||$2,000|
|Teeter, John D||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$79,552|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Wells and his wife, Suzanne, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Andy + Wells + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Wells Jr, Wilfred Andrew," accessed September 3, 2013
- Andywells.org, "About Andy," accessed September 19, 2012
Mark Hilton (R)
|North Carolina House - District 96
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |