Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Colorado House of Representatives District 12|
Layton's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "As a mother, my first priority in the State Legislature will be to make sure we have a healthy economy that works for all of us."
- Excerpt: "My oldest daughter is applying to colleges this year and I’ve realized it’s almost cheaper for her to go to Princeton than to go to the University of Colorado. Although college might not be the pathway to happiness for every student, every student should have the choice to go college if they want. They shouldn’t be told that they’re too “poor” to get a good education."
- Health Care
- Excerpt: "Like you, I’ve lost loved ones because they couldn’t afford the health care they needed. My best friend died of cancer last year because when he was first diagnosed, he wasn’t eligible for Medicare and he didn’t have the $30,000 the doctor told him it would cost to treat him."
- Excerpt: "Colorado has an abundance of job-creating solar energy. I will work to make producing that energy more accessible and affordable by creating solar gardens."
- Excerpt: "I respect life. However, I also respect the fact that women should have the ability to control what happens to their own bodies. While I personally would not choose to have an abortion, that choice is very personal for me. I trust that women are capable and able to make their own decisions for their personal lives."
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 12 Democratic Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Angie + Layton + Colorado + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ Campaign website, Issues
- ↑ Colorado Secretary of State, - 2012 Primary Candidate List
- ↑ Colorado Secretary of State, Official Primary Election Results