|Vermont Senate Washington District|
|1997 - present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||16|
|Per diem||$162/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 5, 1996|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Cardinal Cushing College|
|Master's||Saint Michael's College|
|Birthday||July 20, 1946|
|Place of birth||Holliston, MA|
Cummings political experience began with her service as the mayor of the City of Montpelier.
Cummings has worked as a realtor. She has also worked as a social service worker for Project Independence. She is the owner of Core Designs.
Cummings earned her BA from Cardinal Cushing College in 1968. She went on to receive her MSA from Saint Michael's College in 1989.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Cummings served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Economic Development, Housing and General Affairs|
|• Institutions, Vice-chair|
|• Government Accountability|
|• Health Care Oversight|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Cummings served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Administrative Rules|
|• Finance, Chair|
|• Government Accountability|
|• Joint Transportation Oversight|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Cummings served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2009|
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2012
Cummings won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont State Senate Washington District. Cummings was unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary and won re-election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2010
Cummings ran for re-election to the 23rd District Seat (Washington District) in 2010. She ran against Kimberly Cheney (D), Laura Moore (D), Donny Osman (D), Anthony Pollina (D) in the primary. She defeated David Harrington (R), Ed Larson (R), Donny Osman (D), and Gaelan Brown (I) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
On November 4, 2008, Cummings won re-election by finishing second for the three-seat Washington District of the Vermont State Senate, receiving 15,291 votes behind Republican Phillip Scott (15,763) and ahead of Republican William Doyle (15,089), Democrats Kimberley Cheney 11,637 and Laura Moore 10,847, Republican John Gilligan (5,660), Progressive John Block (3,489), Libertarian Dwight Duke (1,126), and write-ins (53).
Cummings raised $7,002 for her campaign, against $18,018 by Scott, $16,437 by Doyle, $5,940 by Cheney, $26,444 by Moore, and $1,655 by Bloch.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Cummings received $9,818 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Vermont State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ann Cummings's campaign in 2010|
|New England Cable & Telecommunications Association||$500|
|Vermont Association Of Realtors||$400|
|Vermont State Dental Society||$300|
|Association Of Vermont Credit Unions||$300|
|Total Raised in 2010||$9,818|
Cummings raised $7,002 for the 2008 election.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Association of Vermont Credit Unions||$400|
|Vermont Association of Realtors||$400|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ann + Cummings + Vermont + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Dr. Kevin Crowley Honored by Joint Resolution of Vermont Legislature - The Northfield News
- Vermont Senate passes fuel tax increases - Brattleboro Reformer
- Preliminary approval of Senate tax bill paves way for amendments on the floor ... - vtdigger.org
- The Edge: Obama vs. GOP: Who Will Sustain More Damage From Benghazi, IRS? - National Journal
- End of session will see House vs. Senate showdown on tax bill - BurlingtonFreePress.com
- House committee kills tenant water rights bill - VTDigger - vtdigger.org
- A Lot of Galbraith: The Windham County Senator Won't Take "Shush" for an ... - Seven Days
- DERBY DAY -- JOBS NUMBERS LIFT ECONOMIC NARRATIVE: GOP ... - Politico (blog)
- Rep. Polis Introduces Bill to End Gender Discrimination in Public Schools - Targeted News Service (subscription)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Cummings and her husband Regis have four children.
- Sen. Cummings's website
- Biography from the Vermont Secretary of State website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- List of Vermont Senators