|Oklahoma State Senate District 20|
|November 18, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||April 3, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||12 years total in state legislative chambers|
|Bachelor's||Oklahoma State University|
|Master's||University of Central Oklahoma|
Griffin earned her B.A. in Hotel and Restaurant Administration from Oklahoma State University and her M.A. in Human Environmental Science from the University of Central Oklahoma.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Griffin served on the following committees:
|Oklahoma Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• Rules, Chair|
- See also: Oklahoma State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Oklahoma State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 11, 2014. Incumbent AJ Griffin defeated Dan Ladd in the Republican primary. Griffin is unchallenged in the general election.
|Oklahoma State Senate, District 20 Republican Primary, 2014|
|AJ Griffin Incumbent||63.8%||4,432|
Griffin defeated Magnus Scott Sr. (D) in the special election on April 3, 2012. Griffin won the Republican primary on February 14, 2011. The race took place in the state's new legislative districts.
|Oklahoma State Senate, District 20, Special Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Ann AJ Griffin||79.1%||3,051|
|Republican||Magnus Scott Sr.||20.9%||807|
Comprehensive donor information for AJ Griffin is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, AJ Griffin raised a total of $141,910 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 12, 2013.
|AJ Griffin's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Oklahoma State Senate, District 20||$141,910|
|Grand Total Raised||$141,910|
2012AJ Griffin won election to the Oklahoma State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, AJ Griffin raised a total of $141,910.
|Oklahoma State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to AJ Griffin's campaign in 2012|
|Oklahoma Public Employees Association||$5,000|
|Gay, Sharron Lynette||$5,000|
|Oklahoma Republican Party||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$141,910|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 54th Oklahoma State Legislature, first session, was in session from February 4 to May 24. In 2014, the Oklahoma State Legislature, second session, was in session from February 3 to May 23.
- Research Institute for Economic Development: 2013 Reid Report
- Research Institute for Economic Development: 2014 Reid Report
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills dealing with business, industry, job creation and economic growth issues deemed important by the private sector.
- Oklahoma Sierra Club: 2013 Environmental Report Card
- Oklahoma Sierra Club: 2014 Environmental Report Card
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills dealing with the environment.
- Greater Oklahoma City Chamber: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills dealing with the growth and development of the Oklahoma City region.
Griffin and her husband, Troy, have two children. They live in Guthrie, OK.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "AJ + Griffin + Oklahoma + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Oklahoma State Legislature
- Oklahoma state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Oklahoma State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Journal Record, "Special election to choose Myers successor set for April 3," November 18th, 2011
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Sen. AJ Griffin," accessed May 23, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Officials 2014," accessed April 15, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Results Statewide Primary Election — June 24, 2014," accessed July 10, 2014
- Capitol Beat OK, "Political parties split final two elections impacting 2012 session," April 4, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Griffin, Ann AJ," accessed July 12, 2013
|Oklahoma State Senate District 20
| Succeeded by|