|West Virginia House of Delegates District 9|
|June 21, 2011-Present|
|November 31, 2016|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$131/day during session|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Appointed||June 21, 2011|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Border served on the following committees:
|West Virginia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government Organization, Minority Vice Chair|
|• Senior Citizen Issues|
|• Health and Human Resources|
|• Agriculture and Agri-business|
|• Government Organization|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Border served on these committees:
|West Virginia Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Government Organization|
Elections for the office of West Virginia House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 13, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014. Jim Marion was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Anna Border was unopposed in the Republican primary. Border defeated Marion in the general election.
|West Virginia House of Delegates District 9, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Anna Border Incumbent||71.5%||3,257|
Border won re-election in the 2012 election for West Virginia House of Delegates, District 9. Border ran unopposed in the May 8 primary election and defeated Jim Marion (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 9, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Anna Border Incumbent||65.6%||4,504|
Comprehensive donor information for Border is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Border raised a total of $15,998 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 25, 2013.
|Anna Border's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||West Virginia State House, District 9||$15,998|
|Grand Total Raised||$15,998|
2012Border won re-election to the West Virginia House of Delegates in 2012. During that election cycle, Border raised a total of $15,998.
|West Virginia House of Delegates 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Anna Border's campaign in 2012|
|Cmte to Elect Larry Border 2006||$2,000|
|Cmte to Elect Larry Border 2008||$2,000|
|Cmte to Elect Larry Border 2010||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$15,998|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the West Virginia State Legislature was in session from January 8 through March 10.
- Regenerate WV - House only
- Legislators are scored on their votes for or against Regenerate WV's position.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on lawsuit-related legislation.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on the Water Resources Protection Act and its amendments.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Anna + Border + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Virginia State Legislature
- West Virginia House of Delegates
- West Virginia House Committees
- West Virginia Joint Committees
- West Virginia state legislative districts
- Office Website - West Virginia House of Delegates
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Candidate search," accessed April 30, 2014
- WBOY.com, "West Virginia General Election Results November 6, 2012," accessed November 7, 2012
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - General Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - Primary Election - May 8, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Border, Anna," accessed July 25, 2013
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |