Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 31|
Chapman currently works as VP of Healthcare Marketing for market research firm VPMR. She earned a degree in business administration from Ursinus College. She is married to her husband, Harry. They have three children.
PoliticsPA has named the District 31 Republican primary one of Pennsylvania's top ten most interesting legislative primaries in 2012.
On her 2012 campaign site, Chapman outlines her campaign themes and policy goals:
- Promote Job Creation: "I am committed to improving our business climate by eliminating the burdensome state regulations and tax environment that stifles job growth. We need to lower the second highest corporate net income tax in the country, make Pennsylvania a Right to Work state to increase worker freedom and privatize state monopolies like the state liquor store system to spur private sector job growth."
- Enact Reforms to Save Tax Dollars: "I support reforms such as pension and benefit reform for all public employees, ending outdated prevailing wage laws on public construction projects that inflate costs, making sure our children have a strike free education, and instituting real medical malpractice insurance reform to attract the best and brightest physicians to our state."
- End School Property Taxes: I am supportive of the Property Tax Independence Act... The Property Tax Independence Act will ensure that the state evenly funds all school children regardless of where they live and will eliminate our property taxes thus helping seniors on fixed incomes. It will also eliminate the huge spike in property taxes that are coming due to the pension troubles our state is facing."
Chapman ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 31. Chapman defeated Helen Bosley in the Republican primary on April 24 and was defeated by incumbent Steve Santarsiero (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 31, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Steve Santarsiero Incumbent||57.7%||20,640|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 31 Republican Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Anne + Chapman + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Senate bill allows 46 million immigrants by 2033, says CBO - Daily Caller
- Coulter derides Sen. Graham for statements on GOP needing immigration reform ... - Daily Caller
- Suspension won't be removed for five-year-old grilled over cap gun who then ... - Daily Caller
- Which bathroom should transgendered students use? - Daily Caller
- Snowden: Obama's election kept me from leaking earlier - Daily Caller
- McConnell campaign, tea party activist publicly spar over primary challenge - Daily Caller
- Cheney calls Edward Snowden 'traitor,' says Rand Paul wrong about surveillance - Daily Caller
- Christian university expels lesbian student, demands scholarship repayment - Daily Caller
- Obama plans international tax uniformity, organizes crackdown on legal tax ... - Daily Caller
- Ted Cruz: Obama Assaulting Freedom on Every Front - Daily Caller
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |
Right to Know Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |