|Wisconsin State Assembly District 10|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Williams has served as a presidential elector in 2008, state chair for Jesse Jackson for President in 1984 and 1988, and ran for Milwaukee County Executive in 1992.
On May 22, 2010, Williams announced she would not be seeking re-election in the fall.
She is the founder/chair of the Milwaukee Parental Assistance Center, and scholar in residence with the National Alliance of Black School Educators.
- Housing Committee
- Education Reform Committee (Chair)
- Elections and Campaign Reform Committee
- Aging and Long-Term Care Committee
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
On November 4, 2008, Williams won re-election to Assembly District 10, receiving 99.19% of the vote.
|Wisconsin Assembly District 10|
|Annette Williams (D)||22,952|
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-146 Crime victim right to make a statement at sentencing or disposition: prosecutor's obligation to provide notice modified
- AB-234 Job opportunities credit: income and franchise tax credits created for hiring certain individuals
- AB-327 Campaign contributions prohibited from a legal entity (and officers or owners) in a contract with or receiving a loan or grant from a state agency to certain elective state officers; penalty provisions
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
The top 5 donors to Williams' 2008 campaign were mainly labor associations:
|Williams, Annette Polly||$1,780|
|Yarbrough, Citizens to Elect Karen||$1,000|
|Federation of Teachers Local 212||$500|
|Painters & Allied Trades||$500|
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Annette Williams
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 10
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |